Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Forgot-a-post

Some thoughts bobbling in my head the past few days. They happened when I was feeling down so I think I threw them to the side a little bit but here. Some intense self-assesment..

Claims i've made about myself in past years:
I'm independent, I like being alone, I can do well on my own, I don't need a guy to make me happy, I am confident, I can be serious when need be, I like hogging the bed.

Recent things I've discovered about myself to prove those last statements false:
Independence is deceiving, I like being alone when I constitute WHEN I'm alone, I often times need encouragement or help doing things, I've lived a large chunk of my life with boys how do I know if I can be happy without them, I'm passive about my confidence- which doesn't really equal confidence at all, giggling is my self-defense mechanism, I need something or someone around me in bed.

These are not all bad things. Not at all. A lot just hit me about things I thought I knew. I always say I know myself the best. And honestly, I do. Of course every person knows themselves the best. But I think I've just mis-titled some of my characteristics. Posed under a name I liked better. It's so much easier to play up independence. Its strong and bold. But in reality? I'm heavily relient on other people. Which is totally okay. But why have I, for so long, been pretending otherwise?

No comments:

Post a Comment