Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Cause I get a kick out of you

Yep. I poetry-ed it up again. First time since beginning of Freshman year.

Heart skipping at the thought of his arms
wrapped around me again.
Hot tears rolling over my cheeks
that he used to kiss.
I can feel his hands on my arms
my legs
my hands.
So close I can feel it.
No more worrying
No more pain
No more stress.
Soon again, he'll be my boy next door loverboy.
Showing him off to friends
smiling at him without him noticing me.
Talking til dawn reminds us of the busy day
we have yet to face.
But with each other
time doesn't exist.
There will be no more ticking clock in our heads.
Reminders of the large distance
that
separates
us.
Only moments
and conversations
and kisses
will remain in our minds.
I can feel you in my room.
You're smiling at me.
Watching me cry
the tears i've always loved to cry.
Tears that hold songs we used to sing
and moments we'll share together
soon.
Your girl is waiting, darling.
Come sweep her off her feet
just like you used to.
Because remember,
chivalry is not dead

No comments:

Post a Comment